Friday, March 1, 2013

We are on the RIGHT Path

Hi Jenzie,


I wanted to touch on the topic from your post "Middle of the Road". I agree, sometimes I am uncertain if I am doing a good enough job from work. I know that I put 110% into my work, but am I prioritizing my responsibilities and doing them well enough? Sometimes I am uncertain if working at Pepperdine is my calling for the next 2, 5 or even 10 years. Is this where God wants me to serve, lead and carry my purpose? I am eternally grateful for all that I have, but a piece of me is missing "something". I'm not quite sure what it is and I pray that God helps reveal it to me - when He deems best. 

The culmination of it all leaves me in the "middle of the road" as well. But I think we have to remind ourselves, there is no "middle" of the road. We are "right" on the road. 

I am always tempted to turn to the following day's devotional from "Jesus Calling", but I know that waiting for the day to arrive in relation to it will be even more exciting read. When I turned the page slide (note: finger swipe on my digital copy) to today's devotional, it brought me to February 29th. And though this calendar year we "skip" straight to March 1, I feel that the devotional in between was meant to be read. It was placed in the "middle" of two devotionals to be "right" there in front of my eyes.


"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path" - Psalms 119 : 105

First of all, we both know how amazing the book of Psalms is. But secondly, how awesome is this message from God? Moment by moment, He is leading us. I visualize the lamp next to my foot as God reveals his path for me. He is not providing us a yellow brick road with a sun beam lighting the entire way. It is almost like that game "Dance Dance Revolution" (somehow this is the best comparison I have). The next step on the game lights up an arrow for us to step on. In a non-arcade game sort-of-way, God is doing the same. He is "that" light for our path.



Here is to a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment