Tuesday, March 19, 2013

His Glory Outweighs Them All




" For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."
2 Corinthians 4:17

Dear Jamil,

Sorry for this delayed response and absence of the blog!

I  am exhausted. I am tired. I am emotionally/physically and spiritually drained. Long story short, my dad went in for a doctors appointment and they found something concerning on his cat scan. They did a blood test and some things were high that shouldn't be. We know something is wrong. I don't want to say the Big C word yet but they think it could be.  He will go into a special doctor sometime this week. But right now is just the waiting game to see what to do next.

Surprisingly, only by the grace of God, I have a peace I cant explain about the situation. He promises to give us that peace, to help us through these trials. I just know my dad will be OK, no matter how hard the journey will be. I also know that Gods glory and plan for our lives far outweighs this trial. Doesn't mean my mind doesn't slip ever and my stomach becomes one big knot, but for the most part I am OK knowing God is "holding my hand", my families hand through this- whatever comes our way.

I have been trying to find the right words and emotions to write this blog post. This morning, after reading todays Jesus Calling devotional, I decided to look back through some past ones. I landed on January 18th. I am clinging onto these words todays.


Learn to trust Me when things go “wrong”. Disruptions to your routine highlight your dependence on Me. Trusting acceptance of trials brings blessings that far outweigh them all. Walk hand in hand with Me through this day. I have lovingly planned every inch of the way. Trust does not falter when the path becomes rocky and steep. Breathe deep draught of my Presence, and hold tightly to My hand. Together we can make it. 





Thank you for your constant support and encouragement through all of our modes of communication! You truly are inspiring and I am truly blessed to have you in my life!

Hope you have a great Tuesday! 

Love always,
Jenzie



God wants us to live an extraordinary life
He didn't promise there wouldn't be trials getting there
But He does promise us to get us through
I have hope that God is preparing me for an extraordinary life full of adventure










No comments:

Post a Comment