Thursday, March 7, 2013

Adversity is a Blessing

Good afternoon Jessie,

I'm mixed between calling you Jenzie and Jessie, but I feel that the Starbucks barista from a year ago wrote "Jenzie" on your coffee cup for a reason. It's crazy to think that although we only spent a few days together at a convention in Dallas, we have managed to stay in touch and share an amazing friendship. And look at us now - sharing journal entries of our lives.
 
I really enjoyed your last webpage post. It took me back to that 18 year old boy back in high school.
 
At the time, I must admit, I did not have a strong relationship with God. I was a boy without any friends - isolated from society. I had no vision of a direction aside from the fact that I wanted to do GREAT things.
 
These "things" were not of any selfish nature - I wanted to inspire and serve others. I DREAMED to be an indivudal that could positively make an impact on those around me, whatever that impact may be. Again, I had desires, but the missing connection was the fact that I was not delighting them in the LORD.
 
 
I believe to this day that adversity was the blessing that brought me closer to the Lord. And I am extremely THANKFUL for it. I may have not realized it at the time, but in retrospect, I now see why God unfolded the path that took place. 
 
I have shared with you my story growing up, so I can save us both the sob story of it all. It will be in my New York Times Bestseller book one day :-) 

 
On a completely different note...
 
I downloaded the book "Love Does" by Bob Goff that you recommended for me. I am excited to continue reading it. I came accross this tweet by Bob himself and thought it was great:
 


I've already had a few sentences "stick" in my thoughts:
 
"We need to stop plotting the course and instead just land the plane on our plans to make a difference by getting to the "do" part of faith."
 
"That is because love is never stationary. In the end, love doesn't just keep thinking about it or planning for it. Simply put: love does."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment