Tuesday, April 16, 2013

One Line & One Circle

Hi Jenzie,

There is this perpetuating discussion that takes place within my soul about purpose and calling. I think about it often all the time.

I ask myself, "Who am I in Christ?"


It's almost like I mistaken my life under the Lord like a class from college. But when you think about it, the syllabus for this "class" is pretty simple. 

The study guide the Lord provide us is truly a simple outline:

It's one big circle
  It's one straight line. 
(Starting to sound like algebra?)

So - What does this mean?

It's about us traveling in the direction of Jesus, trying to follow HIM. We make mistakes and midcourse corrections, but we stay within the large circle of HIS love and grace, staying the course on a long line pointing toward HIM. 
Along that line, the course won't be smooth sailing. 
But no matter the circumstances that may detract us from that straight line, we still stay in HIS ocean of love and mercy.



"I used to think following God required a lot of navigation, but now I know all I need is a line and a circle" - Love Does


No comments:

Post a Comment