Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Engagement with HIM

Hi Jenzie,

Good morning! Every morning I say a verse that one of our former women's basketball coaches inspired me to recite each and every day:

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24

It always brings a smile to my face. HE loves us so much! 
And I want to return that love in every possible way.


"I use to think being a believer was enough, but now I know Jesus wants us to participate, no matter what condition we're in." - Love Does


I went for a run the other day and stopped at the end of my course at park nearby. The sun was setting and I decided to hop onto a pair of monkey bars. One of my favorite remedies for stress is to do something silly

I was crawling, swinging and hanging on those bars like the happiest monkey alive. I sat atop the bars and looked up into the sky and prayed. I could hear people playing tennis on the courts nearby. I could hear cars driving on the street nearby. I could hear individuals playing football in the park - "ready, set, hike!"

But for the moment I was laying on top of the bars, it was just GOD and me. 

"Do not worry about tomorrow or get stuck in the past. There is abundant Life in My Presence today."
- April 11th, Jesus Calling


I trust HIM in every detail of my life. Nothing is random in HIS kingdom. 
This engagement is for LIFE!

"You are mine for all time; nothing can separate you from MY Love."
-April 9th, Jesus Calling

I know one day I will find that third angle of the LORD-ME-MY PARTNER triangle because nothing is random with the LORD. As much as we can say, "You will randomly find someone one day", it is already planned.

And whatever those plans are, the love and grace of GOD aligns the symmetry of love within the triangle of HIS plans and my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment