Thursday, February 28, 2013

Waves of Adversity

Hi Jenzie, 

I'm excited and grateful for the opportunity to be part of something this special - to show and document the journeys we partake and embark on under the Lord. I find it fitting to begin my first blog post with a short prayer:

"Dear Lord, I am thankful for another unpromised day. I pray that these journal entries help Jessie and I continue to grow, lead and serve under your Word. Let us walk by faith and not by sight in this journey towards our purpose driven lives."



I have been overwhelmed with work as of late within these recent weeks. Yesterday, anxiety took complete control of my mindset and I needed to refocus my thoughts. We were preparing for a ESPNU telecast for a men's basketball game and in the mix of it all, I was handling an array of other tasks unrelated to the event.  In that moment of time, when ten things are coming at me at once, stress consumed me and weighed me down. I believe when we are most vulnerable, that is when the devil is trying to pull and lasso me down to defeat. And then I retreated back to my prayers from the morning. I read a daily devotional from "Jesus Calling" in the morning and again in the afternoon. The message and scriptures always hit the "spot". They reel me back up to the Lord and reiterate his word.

"KEEP YOUR EYES ON ME!"


 "Waves of adversity are washing over you, and you feel tempted to give up."

WOW! God had this message planned out before my eyes. When we let our circumstances consume us more and more, we lose sight of of HIM. Yet, HE is right there, promising that HE will not give me more than I can bear. These were the words of encouragement I needed. At the end of the day, everything was going to be okay - and it was. As I drove home, I let positive thoughts rotate in my head. If there is anything I can control, it is my attitude. I cannot, or intend, to carry my life forward without God. My attitude is thankful and joyful to have a Creator that is with us always. 

I am blessed. I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment