Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Middle of the Road

Jamil,  
 
I know I sent you this through email yesterday but I wanted to share with you the response from my co-worker. He has been a great mentor, encourager and supporter in my life. I know you mentioned you might be feeling the same way so I thought I would share his response.
 
My email:
 
Yes discernment is heavily on my heart! How did you know? J I feel like I am in the middle of the road sometimes. Halfway to where God wants me to be yet, exactly where I should be. The dreams placed in my heart seem to be getting more clearer and I find my joy and passion for serving grows daily and I long for God to open up that opportunity already  for me to dedicate my life to doing just that. I used to only see myself only at SPU! Continuing to work in athletics and events/promotions. I used to be ok with that. In fact, I loved that idea, it made sense to me. Now, sometimes it feels more like the “daily grind”, just a temporary place for me. Then I start to worry that I am not doing a good enough job (time management, organization, planning, etc.) because my mind is almost always elsewhere, dreaming, longing to do something more. Which scares me too because what if I am supposed to be here for 2,3, even 5 more years! Would I be able to do that?!  
 
His response:
 
"And as for you!!!  Reading this stuff makes me quite joyous so I can only imagine God is up there clapping His big loving hands with joy to see you working out your faith.  He loves you so much and He loves your growth and He loves your questions.  He really loves it all, you are His child Jessie!  Look, don’t you just love it when Jace does something new in response to you and your love?  And getting baby spit-up on our shirt is a badge of honor and a token of love right?  Well there it is?  We must struggle to remember that God loves the process of our growth every bit as much as the product. He is the Creator and is creative to the extreme, He absolutely loves to create within our growth and you are no doubt making him quite pleased as He molds you like clay on the wheel. So keep it up, keep up your struggles, doubts, questions, that is you on the wheel!  Just laugh with joy and praise Him at the end of each day. "
 

No comments:

Post a Comment