Thursday, May 9, 2013

Keep on, Keeping on

Dear Jamil,

Here I am waiting last minute to write my post when it was my idea for us to blog today :) I am at my friends house watching Greys Anatomy feeling blessed as we catch up and we watch her new born baby on the monitor.

I will write more later but I wanted to post some shots from my amazing weekend and where my heart is truly at home.



 
 
I was able to go down to Cali and run a 5k for The Jessie Rees Foundation
This past winter a little girl named Jessie stole my heart
I have since then made it my mission to help her continue her dream of spreading JOY
I dont know why this charity has stole my heart but it did
My heart has found a passion so deep I never thought was possible
A passion and desire to forever help bring children hope, joy and a future

Have you ever had a glimpse of what you think God is calling you to do?
Just a little taste of what your future holds, your dreams and goals?
I did last weekend when I decided to run the 5k
After the race I met my friends by the charity table
Just being around your best friends and having them suport you is an amazing feeling
But I felt like I needed to talk to the founder and father of Jessie
His name is Erik Rees
I read all about the charity online and the letters he writes to his daughter in heaven
I am forever inspried by his strength and faith
I needed to tell him
If you know me, you know I can be a little reserved so after talking myself in and out of doing it I found a the right time and walked up and introduced myself
A blink of a moment
That was all it took for me to see the glimpse of my purpose
We chatted for a few minutes
I told him how inspiring him and his family were
We talked about the weather and our SPU connection
He then told me thank you and hugged me goodbye
 
It is not goodbye
It is only the beginning if what I truly believe is my future
I kept telling myself "this is real, this is happneing"
I felt like I was in a dream
My dreams
They are becoming true and real
 

I am back home in Seattle now
Sometimes I feel my heart becoming heavy
I am yearning for God to teach me to just TRUST
Trust He has me
Trust He will work things out
Trust He has something absolutely amazing in store for my life
So much more than I can ever imagine
A life that radically shows that He is God of all
A life that honors & serves Him
A life that fills , rocks and shakes me to the core of my being
 
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more
than all we ask or imagine, according to his power
 that is at work within us"
Ephesians 3:20
 
However, I must not forget to be thankful during this time of waiting
Wait Intentaionally.
Wait and rememeber that moment chating with Erik
That glimpse, that taste of my future
That moment my dreams slowing becoming reality
Our God is BIG so should our goals and dreams!
I dont want to barley get by
Our God created us to be brave, created to excel, to live a life of adventure and to take risks!

What is next God?



No comments:

Post a Comment