Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Clearing Clouds of Apprehension

Dear Jenzie, 

The reason for this post is to lay out some thoughts - almost like a collage on a pin-board. I've been having anxiety about all the unknowns of my life, but it's been a different kind of anxiety than I have ever experienced before. It is anxiety with a very calm demeanor. I know that God is always listening to my prayers and thoughts; I believe that is why my anxiety is so calm. It is not frantic or chaotic. 

Anxiety is trying to invade my mind, but it is struggling to do so. I think of it almost like a foreign substance trying to intoxicate my cells that contain God at the very core. The anxiety tries to trickle in, punching at the outside layers of the cell. In essence, it is clouding everything around these cells shielded by God because my faith and hope refuse to let fear inside.

Times like this remind me to devote time to the Lord. 
To set time aside for Him. 
To communicate with Him.
To give it ALL to Him. 
To let go and LET GOD.


"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." - Isaiah 41:13 

"Fear tries to get us to give up, but faith takes us all the way through to victory!" - Joyce Meyer


In closing, my game plan is to reignite my relationship with the Lord in some profound and amazing way. I have my usual routines of worship and prayer, but I need to continue to do more. 

And with time, God will help guide me to do more and more because I WANT to. I'm yearning to.

No comments:

Post a Comment