Friday, August 23, 2013

What is on my heart

I do love Seattle Pacific University
But SPU is NOT the church 
 It is a company, a not-for-profit business that is still about the bottom line 
At best SPU is a para-church organization within a Christian context, but it is not the church
and  I should not confuse myself that I ought to give too much
The pursuit of balance is a life-long chore
 
With that, I do get tired, and feel pressured to do it right, do it often, and do it without complaining
The pursuit of balance has been on my heart lately
My ache to serve God in a way that is pleasing and honors Him is high
I am trying to find my purpose here at SPU. Why am I here? What does God want from me here?
Some days are easier to see than others. I know I have a desire to impact young lives
I have a desire to be a role model and share my faith and Gods love to other
I know SPU gives me that platform and when I am around the students I feel that purpose
Then there is my other burning passion. To spread faith, hope, love to those children in need
I desire to work with a children’s charity and be around children all day
That dream has become stronger as I am able to be more involved
with charities around the area as well as nation
Sometimes it takes all of my being not to just leave and pursue that dream
Especially when the atmosphere around here gets negative and discouraging
 
But I know God will lead me into those dreams when the time is right
Spending time with Him in the mornings and meditating on Him throughout the day helps me stay focused on my heavenly calling and not what the world is calling me
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment